Sunday, 2 January 2011

Norwood

The promised cold and sunny weather failed to materialise today so it was a cold and damp afternoon at Norwood. I went to the boulder with Falcon on as it overhangs so much it was bound to be dry. By starting Falcon a bit further down the slope and closer into the rock I found it much easier to pull on without hitting the rock below. After a couple of goes it was in the bag for the first 7 of 2011.

Falcon (7A+)

I had quite a few goes on the right hand variant Falcon Pro but couldn't catch the first big move without dabbing my arse on the ground. I guess this also requires a crucial start position so that your trajectory as you throw for the hold keeps you off the ground - unfortunately often the crux of lowball problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment