Friday, 21 January 2011

The best bouldering in Yorkshire?

I went back to what is possibly the best bouldering in Yorkshire (and therefore by definition the UK!) today

The best crag in Yorkshire?

Even with a late start it was still pretty cold - check out the ice on the puddle:

Perfect grit conditions

The crag was dry but the frost still lingering on the top made topping out impossible

Heavy frost

Topping out could be interesting!

As Nicky will testify (having been to Earl when it was snowing) it is the coldest crag in Yorkshire and as you leave the lovely sunshine and head down to the gloom it does feel a bit strange to be shivering in the cold on such a lovely day, but that's the price you pay for friction I guess!

Sunny Earl!

I was pretty spanked after yesterday so apart from falling of various combinations of the same holds on Dave's Groove/Lager Lager Lager not much got done. I did head back via Ilkley for some pathetic attempts on Ringpiece and a lovely sunset though.

Moody sky over Ilkley

I desperately need some new (soft touch, 7B-7C) projects!

1 comment:

  1. get yourself down to the peak then!!! nice blog huw - you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete