Friday, 3 December 2010

Almscliff in the snow

Dug my car out of the snow and went for a drive to try and find some snow-free rock today. Caley was abandoned before even getting there as the lay-bys on the A660 were buried in snow cleared off the road. I decided to try and see if I could get up the road to Almscliff.

Who needs a 4x4?

The road was covered in snow but no worse than last winter. As expected the crag was buried with the only bits of dry rock being the front of the Virgin, Demon Wall Roof (although snow was starting to melt on top and so it was getting a few drips on) and the roof underneath the Top Cat traverse. I warmed up on Demon Wall Roof and then went to have a go at Sewer Rat Connection. As usual in the snow keeping everything dry was a problem and once the sun went in it was baltic. After I saw the gritting truck go up and down the road past the crag I sacked it and went home to warm up.

Lots of photos of the snow on my flickr site.

Unhappy sheep!

Unhappy sheep!

Icy Virgin

Icy Virgin

No comments:

Post a Comment