Friday, 25 February 2011

Sunny Whitehouses

The crap weather finally changed yesterday and Matt had left a message on my phone the previous evening to say he was keen for climbing and wanted an early start. It transpired that this was before he went out drinking so when I phoned him in the morning he was a little bit the worse for wear. It also wasn't as super-sunny as forecast so we agreed to meet at Whitehouses after a more leisurely start.

It was pretty windy up there at first but the sun was shining and if anything it was a bit hot. I repeated all the things I'd done there before and got a bit closer to doing Peshmurga with some new beta but the crimp was eating my finger-tips and so I sacked it before I went through. Matt cruised up Rageh Omaar once I'd given him some beta that didn't work for me but was more lank friendly..

I headed to Caley on the way back which was predictably soaking. Blockbuster was almost dry though. Randomly I met the bloke who posted short-arse beta on a thread I started on UKB and he showed me his sequence. Unfortunately he climbs 8A and so when I tried the same sequence I didn't crush it with the same ease. I did feel like I could do it in better conditions though. I even got up early today and went up there but it was even wetter than yesterday.

It was good to be out in the sunshine again though - here's a picture (with the old, less successful beta for Peshmurga).

Sunny Whitehouses

No comments:

Post a Comment