The torrential rain and gale force wind last week were perfect conditions for paper writing so I concentrated on staring at structures and sequences and writing. Today was sunny and calm so I headed to Brimham. I wasn't sure how dry stuff would be and lack of toe care and some over enthusiastic clipper action meant that a couple of my toes were pretty sore before I'd even put my boots on. Fortunately The Grouch was dry and doesn't require the left foot on any small holds. This was in danger of becoming another Nemesis as I fell off the last easy but committing move last autumn just before a couple of guys came to try it. With them there and hence a spot for the last move I couldn't stick the crux slap up to the break again.
Armed with a new bit of youtube beta I warmed up by trying the top move. To reach the break I had to stack both folded pads making them useless for stopping me hitting my back on the ground. A few goes and I got the new top-out move to work and it was less scary but still a bit exciting especially as the top was a bit slimy!
I arranged the pads to protect the top, pulled on and sent it first go. The slopers felt great today and I did the crux move several times to get some self-timer glory shots:

After that I failed to do the last move on Crimpy Roof a load of times and left just as the sun was setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment