At home I had a quick look at Jon's excellent yorkshiregrit.com and saw that in the 2 videos of this problem both times the climbers were starting from a crouch not a proper sit-start. The second time I tried the crouching start today I hit the next hold and the third go I held it and then promptly fell off the next move!
I then did the problem from the move after the sit-start which reminded me that a) it's pretty easy and b) my skin is trashed. Realising I wouldn't have many goes before bleeding would end play I put some fresh tape on and sent it next try. Another tick on the Almscliff 7+8s list.
I tried to get some self-timer glory shots but 10s isn't very long to run over from my camera precariously balanced on a rock and pull on so this is the best of a bad bunch:

After that I had to go home unable to enjoy the perfect conditions due to this:

pissing blood on all the holds. Better let my fingers heal before the next grit session I guess...
No comments:
Post a Comment