Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Birthday at Earl Crag

I've been out a couple of times since I last posted. On Friday once the mist had cleared I headed up to Caley. It was damper than I hoped but I got most of the moves done on Ju Ju Club depsite the slopers at the top being greasy and damp. I'd forgotten how much this problem trashes my skin and elbows though. On Saturday I went over to Rochdale to go out for Thai with some of my friends and on Sunday I got a tour of the classic problems at Hobson Moor quarry from Jo and Ben. Some of these were very crimpy and felt pretty hard in the sunshine!

Today it's my birthday so I headed to Earl. After the usual warm-up I wandered over to look at Superfly, but the monos were hurting my finger and the ledge you top out on looked very green. I then spent the rest of the afternoon falling off various combinations of holds on Lager, Lager, Lager/Dave's groove. I need to decide on a sequence as at the moment I can either go with my right up to the sloper and then fall off bringing my left into the groove or cross through to the good bit of the bottom of the groove and then fail to hang the sloper with my right. It's a brilliant problem so I'm keen to get it done before it gets too hot.

View from Earl Crag

No comments:

Post a Comment